Friday, March 12, 2010

How Many Feet You Meet

I have decided over the past year and a half that I have been employed as a librarian that a library is the Grand Central Station for the mentally and emotionally challenged. I do not have a Ph.D. in medicine, or even a bachelors in anything science related (in fact, like most librarians, I was an English major), but I have unofficially diagnosed two patrons with paranoid schizophrenia, decided at least one patron is a paranoid conspiracy theorist, and dealt with several others who I am convinced need to go see a surgeon to have whatever is stuck in their rear ends pulled out.

Why do so many off-color people come to the libary you might ask? The simple answer: because everything is free...barring overdue fines.

I have decided to record the daily melodramas and meltdowns that our librarians deal with to perhaps help you feel better about your job...and to make a valiant effort to keep my sanity in tact.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment