Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sorry I Asked

I casually walked past a gentleman that's a frequent patron to our library and smiled. I should learn not to do that.

Him: "How are you?"
Me: "I'm pretty good. How are you?"

I feel like our culture has become almost like robots when greeting each other, and unfortunately I was in robot mode...

His response?

"Well, I went to the ATM to get $1000 out and they put $20s in the $100s spot, so I got a bunch of $20s and now I have to wait 7 to 10 days to get my other $800. That's how it's going."

Sorry I asked.

1 comment:

  1. Not to get technical, but there aren't any banks around here putting $100's in their ATM's. Small chance you might find that in Vegas, but here it's nothing higher than a $20. This guy was "one of those people", trust me.

    - Your Banker Friend

    ReplyDelete